With recent changes at RIC Centre, we are now looking to hire an Operations Co-ordinator. This new position is an important member of the RIC Centre team.
RIC provides support to new entrepreneurs and seasoned business people to take the next great idea to market in the fields of advanced manufacturing, aerospace, life sciences and emerging technology.
RIC is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation and community partners in Peel Region. Our staff works closely with academic institutions, commercialization resources, municipal development staff, the financial community and entrepreneurs.
This is a dynamic and innovative environment that requires talented and committed staff who pitch in to accomplish team goals and support innovation and entrepreneurship in our community.
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Executive Director
1 Year contract term (may be renewable)
Salary range $70,000 – $75,000
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide organizational support to RIC Centre including assistance with managing and scheduling: Peer 2 Peer meetings, Volunteer Mentors and Volunteer Service Provider Meetings
- Prepare materials for meetings, and events.
- Participate in the identification of potential mentors and volunteers.
- Participate in the on-boarding of volunteer mentors and volunteer service providers procedures and ensuring all relevant documentation is completed.
- Collect and compile quarterly performance metrics for the Volunteer Mentor and Service providers.
- Assist with the collection and distribution of client feedback and prepare quarterly reports to identify areas for improvement.
- Assist with developing and delivery of communications to clients, advisors, volunteers and external stakeholders.
- Provide insight, input and support into additional projects as developed.
Education and experience
- Relevant University Degree/College Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in an administrative, operations, or business support role
- Strong writing skill
- Exceptional communicator and strong, collaborative team player
- Client service-oriented Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
- Able to work independently and able to produce results with little supervision
- Strong analytical skills (comfortable with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Email, etc.)
- Interest in entrepreneurship and new technologies
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with senior officials
- Well organized, logical thinker
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and ad-hoc projects Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
The position will be based in the Sheridan Research Park in Mississauga, ON.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: March 11, 2011